‘When one door closes, another opens.’
Cliché, but oh so true for us at the moment.
This is the thought process we’ve traversed over a tumultuous few months:
- An unexpectedly early departure from our current location, Vanuatu, in 3-4 weeks
- No pre-determined next location, dependent on work prospects
- An opportunity to choose our own adventure
As I mentioned in Should We Stay or Should We Go – things to consider before quitting a location, making this decision has been far from easy for us. However, it’s also been the right decision.
We’ve not yet had the head space to consider quite what happens next, the focus being ensuring we’ve made the best choice. However, in quiet moments, a little bubble of excitement rises up inside me.
We can choose our own next chapter!
At this stage we have a vague plan of travelling northern Queensland and Northern Territory for four or five months. Buying a car and a camper trailer, and heading bush. Exploring the rugged, isolated, dusty and stunningly scenic northern regions of our own great land.
Yes, with school-age children – my husband and I will home school, as distance education requires better internet connectivity than we’re likely to have.
Yes, with my online business – my courses and book will continue to be available; email and social media alerts will sporadically be published; and quite possibly I’ll be able to offer occasional one-on-one coaching bursts as well. There is no better match than being coached about ‘living my best life’ by someone living theirs.
Yes, with an idea of what we’re taking on – we took a 10-month trip around Australia when our children were ages one and three. They are now nine and eleven.
Yes, it’s exciting and nerve-wracking all at once – we’re calling this feeling ‘nervcited’.
What This Means For You
- I’ll have more insightful tips to share about relocating, location independence, adventuring and moving with a family over the next months and beyond. It’ll be yet another move to add to my personal experience, this one being a ‘slow relocation’ in line with the current trend of slow living, slow cooking, slow movement and slowing down.
- You’ll gain glimpses of remote Australia via my emails, Facebook and Instagram, without even getting your feet dusty.
- If you’ve been thinking of booking a coaching session this year, now’s the time! Let me help you launch your health or relocation journey. Choose from a one question session or a discovery session here.
- If you’re anticipating booking coaching sessions with me next year, make sure you’re close to the top of the waitlist by contacting me here.
- If you’d like to begin with a course or a book, check out Relocation Ready for free; Relocate Resettle Recharge Refocus for $45; and Your Relocation Solution: be healthy and happy wherever you are for $7.99-$14.99
Whaddyareckon? (getting my Aussie on, ready for our return).
What would you choose, given an opportunity to choose your own adventure? I’d sooooo like to hear, do please comment below.
In health & happiness