None of these will be new to you.
But are they true to you?
Pick one that hasn’t been happening, and do it for a week, then choose another. Shout it out in the comments below so we can cheer you on!
Imagine how good you will feel. And how much your body will love you for it!
Remember, you are as important to your health as it is to you!
Top Ten Tips for Health
- Boost your intake of nutrient rich foods – these are fresh, local, seasonal, one/few ingredient items, as close to how nature provided them. Aim for a rainbow of colours every day, especially greens!
- Cut out the CRAP – the carbonated, the refined, the additives, the processed. Reduce, even ditch, intake of sugary drinks, sugary foods, chemical enhancers and items that last for months on the shelves – your body does not recognise them as food, and reacts with inflammation.
- Drink more water, with a splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for alkalising properties, or herbs for a refreshing taste. Depending on your level of physical activity, climate and weight, 8 or more 250ml glasses is recommended per day.
- Aim for strength building with your exercise, not just desired body shape, helping keep your bones, muscles and immune system strong.
- Get outside every day, with bare feet when possible, soaking up sunlight for vitamin D, and energy from the earth, also known as grounding.
- Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep to rejuvenate and restore good health, keeping stimulatory screen time and foods/drinks to a minimum after dinner.
- Incorporate self-care into every week, the things that make you feel nourished and loved.
- Enjoy ‘sometimes’ food, drinks and behaviour at a level that works for you – for some 90/10, others 80/20. Feeling guilty or angry for indulging often does more harm than good.
- Allow your instinct, your inner voice, your gut feeling to be ‘heard’. Ask it what you need more of, what you are grateful for, what you need to learn and move on from. This voice is only heard once the self-doubting critic in your head is gently sent packing.
- Be kind to yourself. With any change, start small and build. Celebrate your successes.
- Bonus tip: Surround yourself with people that lift you up. You truly are an average of the people you hang out with.
If you’d like a helping hand putting these, or any other lifestyle tweaks, into play, I’d love to hear from you, contact me here.